Kidnapped Ekiti three released after new audio where herdsmen threaten to shoot victim
By Samuel Ogunsona
Three people kidnapped in Ekiti last weekend have been released. Locals received the victims with a mix of excitement and temporarily subdued anxiety. One of the kidnapped, an official of the Nigerian Civil Defense had earlier been killed.
Undisclosed amount of money was paid to the kidnappers suspected to be of Fulani orgin, a native of Irele confirmed in a chat with Irohinoodua
Earlier on Wednesday in a new audio obtained by Irohinodua, the armed herdsmen suspected to be Fulani had threatened they would kill those they kidnapped if they failed to pay up the N30m ransom demanded.
The three, a man and three young boys were released late evening on Wednesday, Irohinoodua heard.
On Tuesday evening, the abductors who urged their captive to “speak English” in a conversation of death between their victim and his brother who was negotiating a ransom reduction said the victim would be killed if he failed to raise the N30m they demanded.
Speaking in unmistaken Fulfulde dialect, the kidnappers rejected the N1.5million offered by the victim’s brother.
Segun Ajibulu and two young boys were kidnapped last weekend between Oke-Ako and Irele, locatted in Ajoni local government area of Ekiti State.
The father of the two children was killed by the abductors who nevertheless held on to his children and his junior brother
A traditional chief in Irele Ekiti told Irohinodua that kidnapping has become a daily scam in the area.
Chief Kehinde Abejide, the Akogun of Irele Ekiti said hunters in the community have been combing the forest in search of the kidnappers until the abductors freed them after collecting ransome
‘’We are trying our best. We hope for assistance to be able to do our best ’’
Listen to the audio before their release.